Wednesday Wacky-Butterfly Frame!

Do you find yourself always browsing items to "alter" anywhere you go shopping? I do. And that is what today's project is all ... thumbnail 1 summary

Do you find yourself always browsing items to "alter" anywhere you go shopping? I do. And that is what today's project is all about. I found a nice, cute wooden frame for 97¢ at the big "W". There was a pile of them just staring at me, willing me to pick it up. The frame also comes with a small wooden peg that fits in a pre-drilled hole in the back so it sits similar to an easel. This is what I did with my 97¢ frame:


Pretty neat huh? So neat that I'll show you how I did it!

Here is what the frame looks like after I removed the wrapping it came in. There is a small square hole in the center to add a photo and the small peg is what you see laying in the center:


I traced the frame on a piece of designer paper (on the reverse side). The one I am using is one of the patterns from the "Venetian Romance" package. Once it was traced with a pencil, I hand-cut with my Paper Snips and glued it to the front of the frame:


Once the designer paper was glued in place, I used my Stampin' Sanding Block to rough up the edges a little:


Using a Sponge and Tangerine Tango Ink, I ink all of the outside and inside edges:



Then I started stamping, punching and die-cutting:


Here is a list of what I cut:
  • (4) leaves stamped with the Wonderfall Stamp Set using Wild Wasabi Ink cut with the Autumn Accents Dies
  • (4) flowers stamped with the Flower Shop Stamp Set using Tangerine Tango Ink and cut with the Pansy Punch
  • (3) flowers stamped with the Flower Shop Stamp Set using Daffodil Delight Ink and cut with the Pansy Punch
  • (3) flowers stamped with the Flower Shop Stamp Set using Baked Brown Sugar Ink and cut with the Pansy Punch

First I cut a Whisper White Cardstock piece the size to fit in the hole of the frame. I used the Corner Rounder Punch to round all 4 corner to fit easily into the hole. I then stamped the swirl image from the Everything Eleanor Stamp Set in Baked Brown Sugar Ink. I added a little bit of grunge by using the stamp image from one of the My Paper Pumpkin kits in Tangerine Tango Ink. I stamped on scrap paper first and then without re-inking, stamped on my cardstock layer. Repeat.

My next  step was the stamp the butterfly image from The Best of Butterflies in Wild Wasabi and Daffodil Delight Inks. Hand-cut both of the butterflies:


Position the stamped background cardstock layer into the frame. Glue the 2 butterflies in place using Stampin' Dimensionals and add Rhinestone Jewels in the center of each butterfly:


Before gluing the leaves and flowers in place, use your bone folder to curl the petals and leaves. Glue in place starting in the bottom left-hand corner:


I glued the Tangerine Tango flowers using Stampin' Dimensionals and everything else with Tombow Multipurpose Glue. Once all of your pieces have been glued in place, add a few Rhinestone Jewels onto the frame to resemble teardrops:


I added Rhinestone Jewels to the center of each Tangerine Tango flower also!


You can use the photo above as a guide to placing your items or you can complete something a little different. I am definitely going to be making more variations of this easel frame. They make the most gorgeous pieces of art for any room or shelf to sit on and can start a nice discussion as a conversation piece!

Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét